David practices mainly in landlord and tenant, general common law and commercial litigation. He has extensive experience as an advocate in the county court, the High Court and the Court of Appeal.
David is qualified to accept via the direct access scheme.
David has been instructed in several reported cases in the Court of Appeal and the High Court including:
- Wells v Devani  EWCA Civ 1106: Commission; Estate agents; Implied terms; Information supplied; Oral contracts; Sale of property.
- Newmafruit Farms Limited v Pither;  EWHC 2205 (QB): Loans; Regulated agreements; Summary judgments.
- Nextam Partners Ltd v Mughal; Queen’s Bench Division, 07 March 2016: Sentencing; Administration of justice, Breach of injunction; Committal for contempt; Contempt of court.
- Nextam Partners Ltd v Mughal;  EWHC 367 (QB): Breach of injunction; Committal for contempt; Contempt of court; Disclosure.
- Accident Exchange Ltd v George-Broom; Divisional Court;  EWHC 2205 (Admin): Admissibility; Contempt of court; Delay; Dishonesty; Expert evidence; Public interest; Striking out.
- Edwards v Kumarasamy (23rd September 2013) HHJ May QC, County Court at Central London: Common parts; Disrepair; Flats; Footpaths; Notice; Repair covenants; Shorthold tenancies; Subtenancies.
- Potts v Densely;  EWHC 1144 (QB): Deposits; Landlords’ duties; Shorthold tenancies; Tenancy deposit schemes; Time limits.
- Horth v Thompson;  EWHC 1674 (QB): Conditional fee agreements; Costs; Costs between parties; Personal injury claims.
- Floyd v S;  EWHC 906 (QB): Civil procedure; Legal advice and funding; Administration of justice.
- S v Floyd;  EWCA Civ 201: Disability discrimination; Disabled persons; Mental capacity; Possession claims; Rent arrears.
- Lancecrest v Asiwaju;  EWCA Civ 117: Business tenancies; Interpretation; Notices; Rent reviews; Time limits; Time of the essence; Validity of notice.
Other notable cases include:
- Onuegbu v Okeke (Queen’s Bench Division, 11th October 2016, Morris J): Civil procedure; Applications; Fraud; Jurisdiction; Setting aside; Stay of proceedings.
- Khokhar v Health Professions Council;  EWHC 2484 (Admin): Competence; Fitness to practise; Health Professions Council; Professional performance.
- Addo v The Law Society CA (2004): Appeal to Master of the Rolls against solicitors’ disciplinary proceedings decision.
- IBS Technologies v APM Technologies; Chancery Division, 07 April 2003: Intellectual property, Computer industry; Infringement; Interim injunctions.
- Royal Pharmaceutical Society v Hassan (2002): Disciplinary proceedings against pharmacists for illegal sale of prescription only drugs.
- Watchtower v Payne;  EWCA Civ 1159: Civil procedure; Real property; Consumer law; Arrears; Consumer credit agreements; Credit; Mortgages.
- Chaagan lal Dattani v Trio Supermarkets Ltd;  I.C.R. 872: Employment; Industrial tribunals; Res judicata; Settlement