Stephanie Hayward accepts instructions in a range of practice areas, with particular emphasis on criminal, prison, and employment work.
Stephanie has a wealth of experience prosecuting trials in the Crown, Magistrates’ and Youth Courts. She was Prosecution Counsel at Kingston Crown Court in a trial involving possession of an offensive weapon. Stephanie has also prosecuted appeals involving sexual touching and Public Order Act offences, as well as sentencing hearings for possession of indecent child images and Class A drugs. Stephanie has also prosecuted breach of suspended sentences on behalf of the National Probation Service.
Stephanie also defends at all levels of court.
- R v A: Securing a suspended sentence with no requirements for a defendant convicted of stealing several thousand pounds from a vulnerable person.
- R v D: Securing acquittal of a youth charged with fraud by false representation through effective cross-examination of the police and a Bank employee.
- R v M: Securing acquittal of defendant charged with theft of a pedal cycle.
- R v C: Securing acquittal of defendant who – as a result of being found possessing a blade and plastic shopping bags – was charged with possession of bladed article and going equipped.
- R v P: Secured continuation of suspended sentence order for defendant who committed a theft whilst subject to a Drug Rehabilitation Requirement with over 20 previous convictions for like offences.